Sunday, March 19, 2017

EskieMama & Dragon Lady Reads Sunday Spotlight: Angel M.B. Chadwick



Welcome to EskieMama & Dragon Lady Reads
Sunday Spotlight!

Today we are spotlighting 
Author Angel M. B. Chadwick!



Angel M.B. Chadwick is currently writing the sequel to the “Weeping Well” series. She’s also writing a twelve book cozy mysteries series, numerous plays, novels, short stories, among her other literary works, business ideas and inventions all while raising her nine year old son.


Q & A with Angel M. B. Chadwick!

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

Hi, my name’s Angel Chadwick. I’m a mom to a nine year old son who is autistic/nonverbal and making steady progress daily, a bit of a blogger, reader, reviewer, inventor, playwright, indie author of all genres mainly mixed genres. I went to three colleges majored in Journalism, English, Psychology, Literature, and Liberal arts, Philosophy. I wrote my first play when I was in the eleventh grade. I have a newly released novel titled “Weeping Well” which is the first book in the series.

What do you do when you are not writing?

I spend time with my nine year old son.

Do you write full-time or part-time?

I write full time.

When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book?

I started writing when I was 13, which was a short story I wrote for a English assignment. I wrote the first book, a poetry book, over a course of twenty years, I had it published in September  2014

What got you interested in writing?

When I wrote my first short story at 13 years old and my English teacher gave me an A+ and rave reviews and encouraged me to continue writing because she saw my writing potential

How would you describe your style of writing to someone that has never read your work?

It would be hard to put into words here because my writing style isn’t always the same and is very intricately layered and multifaceted, very unique. I guess the best way I can describe is it is like a quagmire that is full of variety and very well organized and it’s very skilled. So I guess I could say it’s a sophisticated skill rather than a style that’s like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Which usually comes first for you, the character(s) story or the idea for the novel?

Both at the same time, including the title.

What books/authors have influenced your writing?

Edgar Allan Poe, Bret Harte, Tennessee Williams, Lucy Maud Montgomery, William Shakespeare, Sylvia Plath, William Faulkner, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, to name a few, pretty much a lot of the authors of literature.

Do you have any projects in the works? If so, can you share a little of your current work with us?

Yes, I always have something in the works. I have a three more books to write for my “Weeping Well” series, a twelve book cozy mysteries series for teen to young adult, seven plays, a several other literary works.

Is there some place special you like to be when you write?

No, I don’t have a particular place that I like to write, but usually it’s the living room.

Other than writing, what do you have a passion for?

I have a passion for raising my son and making his life the happiest and most secure I can. Also I mentor other aspiring indie authors giving them as much advice I can since I’ve been on both sides of the spectrum of trad and indie publishing starting when I was 15 years old.

Angel Chadwicks Books

Fear is like a looking glass....






A nonfiction work; a memoir about certain aspects of the author's life, family and community written by the author in the form of literary poetry.



Author's Social Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment